Authentication Requirements USA
In order to be accepted in Angola, all documents issued by official entities in the United States such as birth, marriage, and death certificates, school transcripts, criminal record certificates, or documents issued by an American Court. Must do the following:
- ALLdocuments MUST be Translated into Portuguese.
- A translation Certification must be enclosed.
- Document MUST be notarized by a local notary public
- Document MUSTbe authenticated by the Secretary of State in which the document was issued.
- ALL Document MUSTbe Authenticated by the Department of State
- All documents must be seal with a grommet before finalized it.
- ONE(1)set of copies of every document MUST be presented.
- Processing Fee: $150 per documents. Payments Must be made by Money Order ONLY paid to the order of the Embassy of Angola. (Processing fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application)
- Processing time: 5-8 Business days
- Note: that all Power of attorney must be accompany with a copy of a passport or an identification card of the person appointed to the power of attorney.
The Embassy/Consulate Generals will NOT authenticate a document that contains illegal contents under Angolan laws.
11.Note: Ensure that you choose EXPRESS DELIVER (only E Labels). FedEx will not pick up packages with home/ground delivery(H)label from the Embassy. Please also ensure that the Embassy of Angola is listed as the sender on prepaid return envelope. Our address: Embassy of Angola “Consulate Section” 2100-2108 16th street NW Washington, DC 20009
Note: In some cases extra documents will be requested to support the Authentication Request.